SAP Smart Forms have the following advantages:
1. The adaption of forms is supported to a large extent by graphic tools for layout and logic, so that no programming knowledge is necessary (at least 90% of all adjustments). Therefore, power user forms can also make configurations for your business processes with data from an SAP system. Consultants are only required in special cases.
2. Displaying table structures (dynamic framing of texts)
3. Output of background graphics, for form design in particular the use of templates which were scanned.
4. Colored output of texts
5. User-friendly and integrated Form Painter for the graphical design of forms
6. Graphical Table Painter for drawing tables
7. Reusing Font and paragraph formats in forms (Smart Styles)
8. Data interface in XML format (XML for Smart Forms, in short XSF)
9. Form translation is supported by standard translation tools
10. Flexible reuse of text modules
11. HTML output of forms (Basis release 6.10)
12. Interactive Web forms with input fields, pushbuttons, radio buttons, etc. (Basis-Release 6.10)
What is SAP Smart Forms?
A Simple Smartform Tutorial
Difference with SMARTFORMS vs. SapScript(SE71)
FAQ on Migrating SAPscript to SmartForms
Conversion of SAPSCRIPT to SMARTFORMS
SmartForms System Fields
Example Forms Available in Standard SAP R/3
Smart forms Frequently Asked Questions